1/7/18

Changing of the Guard

The changing of the guard for a new campaign season


 New Brush love, old brush love

 When I was in the UK this September, I spent all my pocket money on new brushes at the famed L. Cornelessin &  Son. 

curiously not on diagon alley. Actually a few blocks down from the British Museum

They have drawers of brushes behind the counter, and it is like being in a wand store from Harry Potter, except for artists. It truly is a magical place and should be on everyone's bucket list.

Woodens and metals excited to be finish with the new guys
 with the start of my painting campaign season coming to a start, I decided it was time to bring out the big guns and open up some of these guys, retire others. I kind of rotate my brushes from minis/ art work to the garage-shop where they get used in art and terrain work.  I'm super tough on brushes although I do clean them and store them properly. Series 7 brushes have never let me down and are, in my mind always worth the investment.


3 comments:

  1. Great post...I wish I was as disciplined, and my kids keep pinching my brushes for their own models. Lovely looking shop too...I never visit the Smoke, but it's nice to see parts of The Great Wen that look like this. Looking forward to KSII.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Springinsfeld- I "delegate" my older brushes to my Fosslings, and have taught them proper brush management. I'm sure once they get a bit older, I'l;l no doubt have the same issue.
    Next KS is ramping up for late Feb! woot
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers! where to sell human skulls

    ReplyDelete